Hidden Granada Food & Tapas Adventure
Savor Granada like a local visiting 6 family-run gems to taste tapas, pastries and more and discover the city’s dramatic story.
- Immerse yourself in Moorish Granada at a hidden, tucked-away tea shop and taste a local dish with a fascinating past
- Taste the best cured ham at a family-run delicatessen and learn the secret about why we love ham in Spain
- Discover how the Spanish Inquisition shaped the food we eat in Spain
- Sip local wines and learn about how to order and enjoy wine while in Granada and Spain
- Visit two off-the-beaten-path tapas bars and learn how to go for tapas like a local - not a tourist!
- Learn how the locals live in Granada - and feel more like a local yourself
- Homemade chicken and cinnamon Moorish pastry
- Freshly-baked creamy local pastry
- Freshly-sliced acorn-fed ham
- Fried-in-the-moment fish
- Local Granada cheese
- Cured meats
- Two delicious gourmet tapas at a local tapas bar
- Sinfully delicious homemade dessert
- Freshly-brewed spiced Moroccan tea
- Full-bodied red wine from Granada
- Wine or beer or sangria with tapas dinner
- Another wine or beer or sangria with tapas dinner!
- Sweet wine with dessert
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us as we lead you on a journey to taste the true flavors of Granada, and to discover the story and culture of this magical city. Granada is famous for the breathtaking Alhambra, the Moorish palace that perches above the city. But the Alhambra isn’t the only wonderful thing to discover in this city. On our 3-hour food, tapas and culture tour, you’ll taste flavours with fascinating origins, learn how the locals live, eat authentic tapas and understand the rich story of this beautiful city. This walking foodie tour is the perfect way to get a true taste of Granada!
We’ll begin in a sumptuous hidden establishment that will transport you back to medieval Moorish Granada. As your expert English-speaking local guide tells you about life in Moorish Spain, you’ll taste a sweet and savoury homemade dish that evokes those times. Next, we’ll visit the city’s most famous family-run pastry shop, a gorgeous 19th-century establishment where they still bake the cities best pastries (and we’ll try their most famous one!). Continuing on, you’ll wind through the heart of this old Moorish and Christian city, discovering hidden monuments and famous landmarks – including the Cathedral, the old Moorish market and the city’s most iconic squares. Next you’ll stop at a family-run delicatessen where you’ll taste and learn all about Spain’s famous jamón – cured ham. Your guide will tell you about this incredible delicacy, and give you tips on telling the good stuff from the great stuff).
Next, it’s tapas time! Granada is famous for tapas and we’ll take you past the tourist traps and give you the inside track on how locals go out for tapas in Granada. You’ll enjoy dinner across three tapas bars, including the local’s first choice for fried fish since the 1940’s, an atmospheric hidden wine bar with over 50 wines by the glass and a stylish tavern that’s famed for it’s modern twist on traditional favorites. And of course, we’ll finish with something sinfully sweet!
By the end you’ll be happily full and have a deeper understanding of Granada’s food, culture and history. And you’ll see how all three tie together into one fascinating story. And as always with Devour Granada tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Granada mini guide, packed with our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay!
So join us for memorable taste of magical Granada!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore the winding lanes and iconic squares of historic Granada, full of fascinating influences from Moorish and Christian history
Reviews for Devour Tours
This tour delivers what it promises by taking you to LOCAL eateries and markets. Well worth the investment, just loved the tour
What really puts Devour tours above the rest is their attention to detail and their exceptional guides.
We felt like we were insiders for the duration of the tour rather than tourists.