Ultimate Granada Tapas Tour
Discover the secrets of Granada's famous tapas culture on a Granada tapas tour. Visit unique family-run eateries alongside a Granada born local expert!
- Sip vermouth in a bar nestled inside a centuries old Moorish water well
- Tackle Granada’s tapas scene with a Granada born and bred insider guide who will teach you how to do tapas like a local
- Visiting a bustling local tapas bar operating since the 1940s, a favorite among locals
- Sip on red and white wines from Granada’s own winemaking region and learn all you need to know to enjoy and order wine in Spain
- Visit four entirely unique tapas bars, giving you a complete overview of Granada’s tapas scene
- Don’t just eat the food-- learn the history and cultural importance of the dishes and demystify the meaning and origin of tapas
Nothing short of incredible. We booked a tour with Marta who was very friendly and a wealth of knowledge. She took us to some places we never knew were there and never would have thought to visit. She also taught us how to spot a good tapas bar vs a tourist tapas bar. And WOW!!!!! Was the food amazing! Thank you Marta for a lovely evening.
As a visitor we find we have no idea where to eat and drink except for tourist spots. This tour takes you to bars to eat where you are often the only tourist. The food is great, Marta our guide was terrific. The rest of the people on the tour are interesting and it all makes for a great night out. The next night we took ourselves out to the same areas and had another great night.
We had a great food tour with Marta while we were in Granada. The food and drinks were great and plentiful. Marta was very friendly and knowledgeable about Granada. She even followed up with an email after the tour withe her recommendations for wines and other local products. She made the evening very enjoyable for my husband and two adult sons.
- Spanish omelette or roasted meat
- Fried-in-the-moment fish
- Cod prepared with a tomato and onion sauce
- Slowly braised pork cheeks in a sweet and fruity red wine sauce
- An assortment of charcuterie and Granada's cured meats
- Baby broad beans tossed with ham
- Delicious vermouth straight from the barrel
- The local version of sangría or draft beer
- A selection of red and white wines from Granada
What to Expect on Your Tour
Experience Granada’s vibrant tapas scene, from age-old favorites to modern delights, on this fun tapas tour with your insider born-and-bred Granada guide. Visit four different tapas bars, each with their own personality and unique from the last, sampling interesting local wines and delicious tapas as you go.
STOP BY STOP:
Start your night off in true Granada style—surrounded by locals as you sip artisan vermouth and nibble on tapas, in a bar nestled inside an ancient Moorish water well. Your expert guide will let you in on the secret to this local aperitif tradition and demystify the history and the meaning of tapas.
Next, you’ll move onto one of Granada’s most genuine (and well-loved by locals!) tapas bars. Open since the 1940s, this hole in the wall tapas bar specialises in one of Andalusia’s favorite staples– freshly fried fish, and your expert guide will give you all the tips you need to do tapas like a local.
Following this we will wander over to the Realejo neighborhood, one of the trendiest places in in town for tapas and home to some of Granada’s best tapas bars. First you will visit a place that is serving up local favorites with a modern touch and a refined setting, with local wines from Granada to pair with your freshly prepared tapas.
Lastly, you will visit one of Granada’s most authentic tapas bars, to try our favorite Andalusian dishes prepared with fresh and top quality ingredients, accompanied by local red wine.
And as always with Devour Granada tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Granada mini guide, packed with our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore the winding lanes and iconic squares of historic Granada, full of fascinating influences from Moorish and Christian history